Women in Bangladesh face barriers and disadvantages in nearly every aspect of their lives. Women are in many ways dependent on men from early childhood. They are commonly not allowed to make independent decisions on most important aspects of their lives such as health, education, employment or when and who to get married or to have children because they are not empowered.
Through this programme we have been working to empower vulnerable women and girls socially, economically and physically and establish their rights. We have been implementing several projects for women and girls empowerment as;
- Adolescent Girls Empowering Programme (AGEP)”, funded by Poriseva India
- Women2030″, funded by European Union, Gender and Water Alliance
- Vulnerable Group Development Programme, funded by Ministry of Women and Child Affairs, Bangladesh
- Empowerment through ICT Training to 100 Unemployed Women in Bangladesh, funded by ZAS Enterprise
- Lacteting Mother Support Programme, funded by Ministry of Women and Child Affairs, Bangladesh
So, we are looking donor cooperation to extend our work according to the need of community to establish empowerment and rights of women and girls.